The Creation of Frank

This blog has been created to follow the progress of upgrading my 50s Reissue Fender Stratocaster. When I bought the guitar (used) for £280 it was completely stock. My aim was to spend around a further £400 to turn it into a Strat that could stand up against any out there....It's also proved to be a great learning exercise in guitar DIY. To see what happened and in what order, start at the bottom of the page.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Guards Down

As you probably noticed, the pickguard that came with the guitar was an aquired taste. I managed to get a great 2nd hand 'old-white' pickguard off of ebay for the bargain price of £5.99. I also fitted the Callaham aluminium pickguard shield underneath the new pickguard, which makes the guitar noticably more quiet, and cost £18. It's starting to look a lot more like the £1600 Eric Johnson Strat that I originally wanted(!).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home