The Creation of Frank

This blog has been created to follow the progress of upgrading my 50s Reissue Fender Stratocaster. When I bought the guitar (used) for £280 it was completely stock. My aim was to spend around a further £400 to turn it into a Strat that could stand up against any out there....It's also proved to be a great learning exercise in guitar DIY. To see what happened and in what order, start at the bottom of the page.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Block Party

According to the sales blurb, the biggest tonal improvement you can make to a Strat is to install the Callaham trem block. I'm not sure I totally agree, but I'm very impressed with the results. The block cost £50 and was surprisingly easy to fit. It replaced the stock zinc block, which was a little lighter. The mass and hardness of the new stainless steel block feels much better - the guitar is surprisingly more clear unplugged, and the sustain is improved too. All things considered, money well spent.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home