The Creation of Frank

This blog has been created to follow the progress of upgrading my 50s Reissue Fender Stratocaster. When I bought the guitar (used) for £280 it was completely stock. My aim was to spend around a further £400 to turn it into a Strat that could stand up against any out there....It's also proved to be a great learning exercise in guitar DIY. To see what happened and in what order, start at the bottom of the page.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Screw It In

The guitar came with 3 springs in the back, but not being a big trem user I decided I'd rather have sustain and tuning stability over a floating trem. To get this I put in another 2 springs and screwed the claw in a fair amount to get the bridge flat on the body. Total cost of £2.50 per spring. Very pleased with the results, trem-sag is all but gone.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home